RIP PCI Interface Card...

kdw75

We have an old 400Mhz G4 Mac with a 1999 PCI interface card in it running Compose RIP 5.5 in OS 9 that feeds our L330. We are looking for a newer interface card that we could use in either a newer G4 Mac or a Windows machine.

Rather than spend thousands on a new card I was thinking that there would be tons of used cards floating around as people switched to CTP. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any. There seems to be very little information on them, and the versions available, for me to find on the internet.

Does anyone know where I might be able to pick up a used one that would work for what I am wanting? Computers are plentiful so I am just looking for something that will run on a higher bus speed G4 or recent Windows machine.

Keith

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back