Roland 700 oil vapour issue

JOHNYPRINT

Hi all
Could anybody help me with an issue on our roland 706 (1995). When the press is stopped oil vapour comes out of the machine on the drive side on all 6 units. when we run the press the problem stops. we have the correct oil in the machine at the correct amount. thanks in advance for help. regards john

Our Heidelberg's will do that too. Usually its because you have an air line leaking near an oil line or an oil bath. When our blanket washer air lines star leaking on the drive side we will see oil vapor come out from the unit.

Don't know much about Rolands..sorry

Mike

Oil Misting

Oil Misting

Hello fellow Lithographers,

A PDF - I hope you will find of interest, this problem is also a Serious Health Hazard

Regards, Alois

Attachments

• Misting of Lubricating Oils .pdf
    116.2 KB · Views: 190
You could also have a problem with seals on the units. This was a big problem on Harris Presses when I was a pressman. Every two to three years we'd have to replace the seals on the drive side of the press because of oil misting. And yes it's a health issue.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back