Rounded Corners

Prepper

We print a 28 page magazine that's 7.75" x 10.5", 100# gloss text, which we print on our 4up Heidelberg as 3 8pg sigs and a 4pg work & turn cover. We then cut fold and collate on our saddle-stitcher.

Question, now design team is wanting to know if we can make it with rounded corners? How can this be done and what would we need to do it?

Thanks for any input.

You don't mention a quantity, or if this is going to be an ongoing thing or just for one issue of the magazine.

Try a google search for "round cornering books." Take the time to follow up on 20 to 30 or more of the links found and you will learn quite a bit about it. How much you learn depends on how much time you put into the search.

Good luck.

Al

Been there done that. I had a Southworth Roundcornering machine that I kept for a once a year job. It wasn't really that bad but I also used a Stacker on the Stitcher and did alot of it while we were Binding. If it got backed up the the unfinished books were put in a Gaylord and processed once the Binding was complete. It can be done and you can charge a pretty penny for it. Make sure the Round Cornering machine is made Mobile also.

Good luck,

JW

Ok, thanks Al, Google, I'd of never thought of that!

I posted this late yesterday looking for any knowledgeable info that might turn up on this great forum and intended to do a more thorough research today. Thought a few quick answers might get me pointed in a more focused direction since I have no experience with this at all.

I did remember this morning that I left out the amounts, the magazine is 6,000 copies four times a year and if we get started I can see them doing others like this also.

Just kidding Al, couldn't help it, had to needle you a bit.

Thanks
Terry

After you have done the Google search in the manner I suggested, post back here telling us how it went for you. This forum is not strong on finishing and post press topics, which is why I answered you as I did. In fact I have not been able to find a venue where these topics are knowledgeably discuss. This may be due to the craft persons in this line of work not being a verbal sort.

Al

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back