running os 10.6 vm on 10.10 el capitan

batti74

Hi, how much does it make sense and is possible to do prepress work using prinergy v5.1.2.2 and preps 6 using VM to downgrade the os to 10.6

Hi, how much does it make sense and is possible to do prepress work using prinergy v5.1.2.2 and preps 6 using VM to downgrade the os to 10.6

I'm currently running OS X 10.6 in a VirtualBox on a OS X 10.10.5 iMac. I mostly just use it for creating Preps 5 templates for Prinergy 5.1. I have managed to get Workshop running under 10.10.5 after downgrading Java. Another option you have is to load it on a PC for all functionality.

Hi batti,

Just so you know, if you want to virtualize Mac OS X 10.6, you can only...legally...virtualize 10.6 Server according to the EULA.

FYI,
pd

Big al, For some reason the 10.6.8 is not opting to be selected to install virtual system, do you think i need to downgrade java?

prepressdork im not so technical, what do you mean with legally virtualize 10.6 system according to eula both preps and prinergy are original and osx's are the original system with our imacs

It means the license for OS X 10.6 Server allows you to run it in a VM while the the OS X 10.6 non-server license forbids using it in a VM. So yes, you can install OS X 10.6 non-server in a VM but it isn't a legally licensed install. And I can tell you VirtualBox support will not give you any help if you have problems and if you post to their forums about running OS X 10.6 non-server edition they will delete your posts and/or ban you.

Hi batti,

Unless I misunderstood your original post, I believe you want to virtualize Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard with a product like VMware Fusion or Parallels. If that's correct, the End User License Agreement from Apple states that you may not virtual Snow Leopard but you CAN virtualize Snow Leopard Server.

Hope this helps,
pd

I'm currently running OS X 10.6 in a VirtualBox on a OS X 10.10.5 iMac. I mostly just use it for creating Preps 5 templates for Prinergy 5.1. I have managed to get Workshop running under 10.10.5 after downgrading Java. Another option you have is to load it on a PC for all functionality.
Big Al: Sound like you got Preps 5 running in the 10.6 VirtualBox. Any issues with the dongle being recognized?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back