Save out Preps template as a JDF file

haha

Hello! I am using Preps 5.3 and am looking to save my Preps templates as JDF files. Is this possible?

Thanks!

I just tried that for you out of Preps 5.3.3, and there is no such option that I can see. Why do you want to do that anyway?

Al

Al, we are looking to possibly switch over to a new workflow and have a ton of templates in Preps and are hoping we can import them into the new imposition software.

Joeno, I briefly looked at Metrix by LithoTechnics online and looks like it is an entire packaged workflow and then some. I am just looking to save out our Preps templates as JDFs to possibly use in another imposition software.

Roger, so just to clarify in Preps 6 when you create a new template you are able to save it as a JDF instead of a .tpl file?

Just so you know, Dynastrip can easily save out the JDF and we're very compatible with Apogee, Odystar and others. We can also convert your templates from Preps to Dynastrip. Lastly, you'll see with Dynagram, we're very customer centric. We answer the phone in support and we go the extra mile for our customers to make sure they're running ok and happy. We feel good service is worth it's weight in gold for our customers.

Email me at [email protected] if you'd like more info. More than happy to review your needs and see what we can do for you.

Michael Reiher
Director of Sales and Marketing
Dynagram

In Preps 5.3 you will need to make a job with blank pages assigned to it and the template you want to use assigned and then Print to JDF file.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back