Scented ink

elektorus

So, here is the deal. I want to offer to my customer a print with scented ink. Does annybody has any experience in printing with it. I am located in Europe, so does somebody knows where tu purchase the ink, or generally how to (maybe) make scented ink in plant. Any knowlegde would be apretieted. Thanks in advance...

Hello,

What print process? Do you want to scent the ink itself, or use a scented overprint varnish?

You can contact Schubert International (Germany). Their products are very good. We sell them in Portugal with good results.

Schubert used to- and still may- supply encapsulated fragrance overprint varnishes used on publication gravure in the States. The ink system was toluene based.

I concur- is a good product

So, here is the deal. I want to offer to my customer a print with scented ink. Does annybody has any experience in printing with it. I am located in Europe, so does somebody knows where tu purchase the ink, or generally how to (maybe) make scented ink in plant. Any knowlegde would be apretieted. Thanks in advance...

hai i worked as researcher in textile industry and i have experience in printing scented ink on different types of fabrics and paper. Right now the only method that we used sucessfully that withstand our testing standards is screen printing method. we also tried digital printing but microencapsules in ink is so thick that damage our inkjet printer nozzles, we are still working on perfect type of ink for digital printing. so if u want to print anything with scented microencapsules you have two options either buy only scented microencapsules and then mix with any color or buy scented ink and use screen printing method or break u r printers nozzle using scented ink in printed. i suggest don't try digital printers unless some company give u gurantee that their ink is specially formulated for digital printers.

Our company has experience with prining inks with scented microcapsules. We are the producer of microcapsules and we can produce for your need a lot of different fragrances.

There are different options for scented printing:
- you can put microcapsules in you varnish (but it has to be water based) or
- you can print with inks, which have microcapsules - for better effect we recommend screen print (dry offset is also possible, but with less effect) - in this case ink should be made by us.

You can e-mail us to: [email protected]

we actually just did our first scented print job yesterday. We did a chocolate scent for a customer. got it from bell Flavors and Fregrances. it is VERY pricing @ $75/lb and a min 10Lb order and about a 3week lead time. hard to get anyone to pay for that when they don't even want to pay for a normal 4color job.

scented printing process w/o microencapsulation

scented printing process w/o microencapsulation

Hello All:

I'm in need of producing a scented printed piece. I'm looking to do this in line on press, but NOT with the use of micro encapsulation.

Can anyone lend any suggestions?

Thanks
LAB

Hello All:

I'm in need of producing a scented printed piece. I'm looking to do this in line on press, but NOT with the use of micro encapsulation.

Can anyone lend any suggestions?

Thanks
LAB

Hi Lab,

You can have your ink or coating company contact Stanley S. Schoenmann, Inc.(1.732.382.4222) They make water soluble and oil soluble fragrances.

I must warn you that it is very hard to get the scent to the end user if the printed piece is not hermetically sealed. On the bright side, your press room will have an interesting scent to it for a day or two.

Scentisphere inks, is by far the best that we have seen over here. The company offers numerous inks for heatset, sheetfed and different types of transport through the press.

i seem to remember a company in ny from back in the 80s that would apply a scent to a printed sheet via an offset blanket mounted canvas side up and applying a liquid fragrance via the water system. It was on a converted single color press that was used exclusively for this operation

my guess is that the same process that worked back then would work today. You will have to research suppliers of the scenting medium. If an overall scenting to your sheet is acceptable to you i cant see why it wouldnt work. You might get some complaints from your press crews about the stink. I remember talking to a guy that on occasion had to run the scenting press and him telling me that during the ride home from work on the subway he would get alot of dirty looks from other passengers because he stunk to high heavens.

any suggestions for 2010 :)

You may want to look into applying scented varnish vs. ink if you have coating capability....especially if you have access to applying via anilox roller or screen. Better results are obtained by applying a thicker film thickness.

There are scented coatings available in both AQ and UV formulas. AQ costs much less, both work well.

Scented ink

Hi there the company I work for is the main distributer of Siegwerk inks in the UK, we sell huge amounts of Scented ink, if I can be of any help please let me know.

I am happy just to offer advice.

Regards

Brendan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back