scratches on 4 color side

miafyns

We operate a 2 over four Shinohara equipped with a aqueous coater. It has a hot air knife, heat lamps, vent hood and we are experiencing scratches on 4 color side. We normally run 10 pt board. We are also experiencing some set off, Anyone have a solution to our problems

Sounds like your IR/HAK is not getting up to temp? Not enough powder, Are the scratches through length of sheet or at the tail? Too much blow on airbed as well?

Hey, I know it's hard to write a lot if you are busy, but the more details you can give, the better we can help you. For instance, what do the scratches look like? What have you done to try and fix your setoff? Setoff can be caused by a lot of different things, one common thing being incorrect Dryer/Venting settings. But like I said, the more details we know the better we can help isolate it. - K

I assume the scratches are on the side you are currently printing ?
If it is & you are using the shinohara with single diameter cylinders, then at times if your ICP film isn't clean enough it will scratch the print side during transfer when printing board.
Also look at the sliding sheet guides that are above the sheet throughout the press.

If it is scratching on the reverse side of the sheet when backing a job up.
It's likely to be the the sheet sliding guides that are below the sheet throughout the press or the sheet brake is on to much. Also check that the sheet decurler isn't on when printing card, as this will certainly scratch the reverse side..

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back