Scsi 50 pin hard drive for internal rip

marantvou

Hello

Does anyone knows where can I find a SCSI Hard Drive 50 pin loaded with the appropriate files to work with my Agfa Accuset 1200 internal RIP ?

Thank you in advance

Do you know any old time Agfa maint techs? . .. . getting the drive will be expensive . . . getting the data you want on it much more difficult . .. . .

Hello

Does anyone knows where can I find a SCSI Hard Drive 50 pin loaded with the appropriate files to work with my Agfa Accuset 1200 internal RIP ?

Thank you in advance
This RIP was first introduced by AGFA in 1992 and production of it was stopped around 1998. It is a 200 MB drive so getting one will be very difficult. Getting the appropriate PS interpreter (level 2), screens and fonts on it will be very difficult and would require an on site call from an experienced tech. Your best bet is to update to a newer RIP and disconnect the old RIP PCB in the Accuset. Probably less expensive than the drive alone and would get you the the newer PS interpreter.

Getting the disk may be possible, but getting one preloaded would take a bit of work, an alternative like others say is a new RIP, A very cost effective solution is the StudioRIP with an Ethersetter box. The RIP is an easy to use scalable RIP solution, with multiple clients, hybrid screening as standard, It can also be used at no extra cost to drive an Epson to make film as well, The Ethersetter box is a an network based interface to drive the accuset, simply plug into the network and the Accuset and the RIP can image the accuset.

Regards,

Rolf Heelas
StudioRIP (UK)

Hello

Thank you in advance

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back