security ratser in yellow

direxiondm

Hi,

we are getting complaints of our customers on the yellow security raster that is ALWAYS printed on our sheets by our Canon Imagepressc7000VP.

This is supposed to be a rip feature implemented by efi due to a law that was passed on counterfeiting. All Digital prints seem to have this yellow raster that represents machine serialnumber date and time of the print.

Are there ways to turen this off?? Canon says this is not possible due to certain laws.

Litho printers have provided me with prints from nexpress, indigo, Konica Minolta and xerox that dont seem to have this raster.

We are loosing business because of this very noticable raster.

Anyone with a similar problem or even better a SOLUTION?

thanks

direxiondm

ps. check out sappi.com for our European printer of the year award in the category DIgital Print.

I think that every laser printer that is capable of high quality output has this protection, i know for sure that xerox has on every printer from DC-12, DC2060, 5000, DC250, DC700 way up to igens - this protection built in. And also other manufacturers follow this example, but i don't think it should be so visible that you're loosing money of it.

I have been a colour tech for 16years.
All Digital machines do this and canon were the starters of this back when the very fist colour machine was released the Canon CLC1..
It is NOT the rip causing this it is the machine.
You can NOT stop it from happening BUT your tech can adjust it so it is less visable to the eye.

I have been a colour tech for 16years.
All Digital machines do this and canon were the starters of this back when the very fist colour machine was released the Canon CLC1..
It is NOT the rip causing this it is the machine.
You can NOT stop it from happening BUT your tech can adjust it so it is less visable to the eye.

With what setting can you adjust this? If you do adjustment on each ROS, than you're bringing down the whole Y spectrum, so how to do it without affecting the quality?

Like i sed your tech can adjust it so it is less visable to the eye.
And No it will not bring the y spectrum down or affect the quality..
It is a security pattern and for that reason i can not post how to do this adjustment on the forums this is a job that a Xerox tech must do on site.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back