Security Tint for Env'

PantherMac

Wondering if anyone's ever created their own Security Tint graphic for printing inside of (converted) envelopes?
We've got a large customer we're going to convert a bunch for, and was looking around for our own security tint graphic (just looks like a 20 lpi 1st order FM Screen if you ask me, but...). And searching around the internet I see some shops will create a custom one w/ your logo, etc.. (OK, I'll admit, I can take a grey tint and smack some type all over it in AI too).
But has anyone ever done it, applied any science/math to the job before (or am I due to play in Photoshop and AI for an hour before getting something useable)?
Thanks.

- Mac

Last edited:
I've done it a few times here, once with a client's logo and the
other times with Photoshop and the Clouds filter. It's pretty easy.
I didn't apply any real math to it, just did what I thought would work.

RE: Envelope Tint

RE: Envelope Tint

I have always used AI. Yes, I did use math (depending on the logo) to set them edge to edge and repeat. I have never had a customer that was worried about the cutoffs on the inside of the envelope, so I did not worry about trying to match that logos on a fold. The trick is to make sure it is secure (i.e. you can't read through it!). I have seen a few that people wanted their logos but they did not work all at the same size, make sure to not leave large blank areas in your logo. Also you might add a background image behind the logo, we used a modified version of confetti for our starting points but that was also dictated by the customer. Good Luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back