Seeking a better profiling solution

ljgoldberg

We have a customer using an Epson 1640 XL scanner and a Sony LCD monitor.
The operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit.

They are looking for a stable, well-supported product to create and edit profiles for this hardware and software combination. EyeOne hardware is already on hand.

The print production process is unusual and HIGHLY non-linear, and not currently part of the problem.

Suggestions from users MOST highly appreciated; vendors willing to demonstrate, set up trial programs, or supply references equally welcome.

Best regards,

Larry Goldberg

Good evening Larry,

I would like to have the opportunity to review our technology and your customers requirements by phone. Is there a good time that we might speak together tomorrow Thursday July 29? Please let me know if you are receptive to a brief call and what time zone you are in. CGS provides color management technologies for all types of printing devices and operations.

Best regards,

We have a customer using an Epson 1640 XL scanner and a Sony LCD monitor.
The operating system is Windows 7, 64 bit.

They are looking for a stable, well-supported product to create and edit profiles for this hardware and software combination. EyeOne hardware is already on hand.

The print production process is unusual and HIGHLY non-linear, and not currently part of the problem.

Suggestions from users MOST highly appreciated; vendors willing to demonstrate, set up trial programs, or supply references equally welcome.

Best regards,

Larry Goldberg

I'm confused....you want something to profile the scanner and display you mentioned.....or some sort of output/printing device? What do they use the EyeOne Pro(?) for currently?

The "print production process" that is "unusual" and "HIGHLY non-linear", you're sure that's NOT part of the problem? :)

Regards,
Terry Wyse

Perplexing profiling

Perplexing profiling

Hello Terry, Allison, gentle readers...

The problem _IS_ correctly described, and limited in scope;

Using the scanner, monitor, and o/s mentioned, create a "good visual match" between the original reflection artwork and the image on the monitor.

The usual precautions have already been taken;
- stable, defined print viewing condition
- stable, defined monitor viewing condition

The scan data can be left in RGB format, conversion to CMYK is done farther downstream.

The original artwork is usually color photographic print, b&w photo print, or sepia, selenium, or other professional portrait studio finish used over the last 75 years.

The "unusual and non-linear' output process is NOT currently part of the problem, but thanks anyway. :)

Larry

Since you asked I will voice support for Kodak ColorFlow Software with Matchprint Virtual monitor technology. Here is a link to a product demo

If you contact a Kodak rep they will turn around very quickly to get a demo.

Personally I have never found soft proofing easy, I am a hard copy girl most of the time, but this was relatively easy to use once it was set up. Hope you have an absolutely fantastic monitor though, don't cheap out, as you need the quality to get accurate results.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back