Semi-customizable business card for clients?

AdrianC

Hello everyone, first post here. I tried looking around and couldn't find much information on this topic. I'm not quite sure what i should name this as, but here goes...

The company I work for is looking for a printing company that can provide partially customizable business card for each of our individual clients (tens of thousands). Our company will provide the design template, but we need the printing company to deal with each of the order on their own, as each client will pay on their own.

The only tricky part though, is that we need to limit how much items they can edit on the business card. We don't want them to alter much more than their name\contact info. We don't want them to make adjustments to the corporate name\title\slogan...etc.

I've only been able to find Vistaprint who can do this. I've called about a dozen of print shops with online services. None seems to be able to provide this service.

Would anyone be able to nudge me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
Adrian

This is (should be) a standard feature of pretty much any B2B W2P system.

What country and state/territory (if that is important) would you like the printer to be in?

Is it only a single business card template, that potentially thousands of employees could generate their cards from? Or do you have multiple card templates for one company or multiple companies etc?

Stephen Marsh

This is (should be) a standard feature of pretty much any B2B W2P system.

What country and state/territory (if that is important) would you like the printer to be in?

Is it only a single business card template, that potentially thousands of employees could generate their cards from? Or do you have multiple card templates for one company or multiple companies etc?

Stephen Marsh

Unfortunately I can't find any company yet, or the many customer service I called were not qualified to answer my inquiries...

Currently we're active in North America.

We need a very clear restriction on the client's ability to edit though. Our independent sales associate tends to be overly enthusiastic and sometimes make up very interesting titles for themselves...

Unfortunately I can't find any company yet, or the many customer service I called were not qualified to answer my inquiries...

Currently we're active in North America.

I support and train our Australian and New Zealand clients on the Accura Print MIS Web to Print system. I can ask the developers of the system if they have a client in North America that has the web to print software.

If it does not matter to you what state they are in (the internet has removed borders), then I will see if there are USA printers that can be referenced (or is Canada also OK?).

We need a very clear restriction on the client's ability to edit though. Our independent sales associate tends to be overly enthusiastic and sometimes make up very interesting titles for themselves...

Easy enough to do, the titles can be pre-populated into a drop down menu where they can only select an approved title.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Adrian, I’ll send you a forum private message with the contact details for half a dozen printers with the Accura MIS eCommerce portal with W2P.

When you contact these potential printers, please let them know that the developers of their Accura MIS software passed on their details.

All the best!

P.S. These web to print providers should be able to setup prepay on this, so your end users will have to pay up front before the order is actioned. If you wish them to be able to check-out their own orders, that is standard. Otherwise, an approval system can also be setup so that somebody with authority approves the order so that it is not submitted to the printer unless the head office is happy with the order details.

Stephen

Last edited:
We use this company, through Xerox. They are out of Montreal, very good to deal with. You can create a catalogue for each individual client that only gives them access to what you want them to have access to. In that, you can create templates for variable information and keep the rest static, you decide. This puts all the control on the purchaser, they set there information, they get emails for approval and the printer gets a print ready pdf and can simply print it. No dealing with the customer, just print and ship.
saasninja

Hello Adrian, contact "JP-Graphics" in Santa Clara, CA. they provide this type of service. 408-235-8821. ask for Joan the owner, or Barbara. GL

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back