Service options for Konica Minolta C8000

Very happy with machine, has certain flaws as they all do but overall good. As far as service I just wanted to know my options for possible better, quicker and/or less expensive service. Also if my machine has work planned all weekend and goes down at 10:00pm Friday night, I want options

So did you purchase the machine or is it a lease? Does KM direct not offer after hours service?

Dealing with Xerox you have many options when it comes with service. They offer 2 hour guaranteed response time, 1, 2 or 3 shift's of coverage, and 5, 6 or 7 days of service per week. You can also purchase any of those options for a specific amount of time. So if you have peak seasons you can have 7x3 service for those months and standard 5x1 the rest of the year. Also they have after hours calls which if you need service outside of your contracted hours they will come out usually for something around $700 for the first hour and x amount for each 15 minutes or what not. It is up to you to decide what is best for your business needs.

Very happy with machine, has certain flaws as they all do but overall good. As far as service I just wanted to know my options for possible better, quicker and/or less expensive service. Also if my machine has work planned all weekend and goes down at 10:00pm Friday night, I want options

We have after hours and weekend service with Konica talk to your service manager.

We use a dealer and are very, very happy with them - my rep even came by last week and brought me a Starbucks Frappaccino.

As for the KMs...please sit down before you read the rest...I haven't had to call for service for almost three months now and September was the busiest time of the year for us. :)

Service is really area dependent. There are good service areas by KM and not so good. Same with the dealers. We have used KM and it has been, well, not so good.

We have had our C8000 for about 1 and a 1/2 years as well as two 1200. The 1200 platform is a good letter size platform. Not so good with large sheets. Perfect binder in line has performed well, stitcher leaves a lot to be desired and the folder is a total waste of money.

The weakest part of KM is the software. Choose wisely. Do not expect the box to be a functioning, managed platform. It isn't. We chose Creo for color device and while idiosyncratic, does a good job. 1200's have no real functioning software, you need a Print server to drive them properly.

I will say the color off the unit is among the best I have seen when the unit actually performs. The problem is it doesn't stay consistent in many areas and service intervals are frequent if you are heavy coverage shop. Light coverage letter size output probably gets by with much less interruption.

I would not confuse the C8000 with a true digital press. Not even close. It's production characteristics are too poor. A really good high end copier fits much more appropriately. Avoid the hype that KM and the dealers seem to fluff at you and do your homework.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back