Set-up to Print Booklet on Xerox 550 with EX560 Fiery

homeboy

I have a 550, Production Finisher and EX560 Fiery. I want to print an eight-page saddle-stitched booklet, page size 5.5x8.5 when folded and stitched. My source document is a four-page PDF, page size 11x8.5, set-up in printers spreads. How do I set-up the properties in the Fiery (and maybe also the PDF)? I can't figure it out.

We do that a lot on our 550. I will run through the settings for you.

Paper size 8.5x11 SEF
Duplex Top-Top
Stapling Center
Folding Booklet
Output Face down reverse order

These settings should get you what you need.

CWS 5, Version 5.3.1.32.

I didn't know about the booklet wizard. But I just tried it out and I still don't have a correct booklet. Note the file specifications I indicated above. What I got was one 8.5x11 sheet printed on both sides. On each "5.5x8.5 page," I got two pages shrunk and turned landscape. That means that four of the pages are on one side of the 8.5x11 sheet and four on the other, all reduced to fit. It's as if CWS treated each "printer spread" as a "page." Does CWS expect to see only single pages and can only work if the file is set up in that fashion?

In this case, the file was supplied to me by the customer set-up in printers spreads. I suppose I can go in and mess with the PDF and turn it into single pages, but I figure this machine ought to be able to deal with a file set-up in printer spreads -- and if so -- I want to learn how to do it.

buckeyewta:

Bingo! That worked. The only change I had to make was Duplex Top-Bottom. Thanks very very much.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back