Setup CD for Xitron PCI Card

typenut

We have a set of Xitron Cards (Arbor Cards) for our Heidelberg Hercules Pro M, as these are older cards (1995) and I need to put the system back together for the few sheets of Film we have to make each month.
Xitron doesn't support these cards any longer than I talked to them, and a single new card is not in the picture with the little amount of Film we make.

Would anybody have a obsolete setup cd sitting around?

The specs on the cards are:
Xitron PCI Bus Interface 024-2213-003 and Sister Card Xitron 24-2212-004
(Lino Ver 2.0) and ( Lino QL 1.5)

Thanks,

charles

Download the plugin for your imagesetter from their website. Hopefully, it will also contain the driver you need.

John

Hmmmm... looks like that fella asked us for RIP installer CD and do not care of Dongle, so... he does not know what he wants at all.

I know only "one-CD plus Dongle" package for RIP to install, that's why I replied sharply.

There are NO Arbor/PCI card drivers in RIP SW folders, only Speedway i32 driver in SW/devices/Speedway folder and that driver should recognize both boards when RIP program starts.
Arbor driver belongs to WinNT software after RIP installation, not to RIP software.
To check PB2 cards you could use pb2diag from Utilities folder.
So, I have no idea what driver you need and in which folder your RIP SW you want to install it.

If cards installed in PCI slots and connected with top ribbon cable, and when PC started - both cards will be recognized as Unknown PCI devices. None service pack has drivers for PB2 cards and only after RIP software installed, those cards become named.
IMHO, completed RIP reinstallation has to put the situation in OK condition. What's the version of your RIP ?
And

Good luck!

Last edited:
I needed the driver for the PCI and Arbor Card -

NOT a RIP OR DONGLE!
i have installed some 30 to 40 navigator rips with the interface card for the image setter, what i use to do was, after inserting the PCI card to the slot when i boot the os, it used to detect the new hardware and ask for the driver, the i used to give the arbor drivers from the first cd of the rip.
Try it out if it doesnt happen i will send you the drivers PCI card drivers the the rip interface card.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back