Sherpa 2: Frequent Head Cleanings :-(

Hopkins Printing

I have a Sherpa 2 (not a 2i, or Matic, or the likes) that wants to clean the print heads before almost every print job I send to it.

Is there a way to disable this (or at least decrease the frequency of head cleanings)???

Thanks,
Jon

Paper may be the culprit!

Paper may be the culprit!

I have been running a the same unit as you for number of years now. We use it exclusively for com posit imposition proofing. We have used several papers over the years and have found that the cutter along with what I term sub par papers produce a great deal of pulp dust. The only solution is to, first and formats learn to educate your/our clients that this is the standard and the goal is low resolution composition proofs. Secondly we developed a schedule of manual cleaning to minimize the problem. I would be happy to share it with you if you wish. And lastly be prepared to run a large number of power cleanings when an excess of plugged or misdirected jets occur.

I don't know if this in any way helps but I would be interested in hearing more about your issues.

Darren C.
Alpine Litho-Graphics

Hi Darren,

It turns out that print head assembly was not fully returning to its home position after completing a print job. There is a metal clip on the home (control panel) side that holds the print head assembly when the printer is idle. This clip was bent upwards too much and couldn't hold the print head assembly in place. This lead the proofer into "believing" that the print heads had dried out and needed cleaning.

Bending the clip downward resolved the issue.

Cheers,
Jon :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back