Skew Ajustment on KM 6500

Go into the adjustment menu and select chart adjustment. (....I am trying to remember off the top of my head what it is actually called)....it will ask you to select a paper drawer then hit copy on the screen. This will print one side. Do the measurements. Follow the on screen menu. Next choose the back. Click on copy. THis will print out a duplex. Take the measurements. You may have to do this a few times. (

This has nothing to do with the rip. Do this on the machine.)

KM skew using Chart Adjustment

KM skew using Chart Adjustment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having skew and registration issues on my KM 6501 and was looking for a different machine as a second printer when I found from a KM sales guy on this forum a solution that works so well that I bought my second KM6501. here is the link: http://proofs.groupimaging.com/gi/Ko...tProcedure.doc

It is alot easier to do than the two pages of directions make it out to be. I would buy two things first: 1. a 12" digital caliper that measures in both inches and mm $119.00 at Rutland Tool - Loading... and a light box so you can see through your paper to do the chart adjustment. Just set this up when you change types of papers and it will make your life easier. I have three employees who are tained on this now. fyi, you might have had time getting your KM tech to help you with this as it appears they are not aware of how to do it. I have taught two of them how to do it also. Works well.

Call me if you have any questions: Jeff Burris 602-989-0221 cell

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back