Slowdown?

kdw75

I know many of you work at large companies with regular clients. I on the other hand work at a small shop, less than 10 employees, in a small city, and we have seen a dramatic slow down in work since the 4th of July. Across the board our clients seem to be in a holding pattern. Many of our government funded clients are automating their offices, and no longer getting regular jobs, such as applications. We had one client who ordered 60K forms a month, tell us that they had decided to run them on demand, using their office copier.

Is anybody else seeing the same?

Re: Slowdown

Re: Slowdown

I'm a small shop in the UK and my only saving grace is we own the the premises & have no finance, small offset is very slow for us.

I work for a book printer. Although we have had work and the presses have been running. It doesn't seem like we have had as much work this summer compared to the last few years.
Is it me or has the activity here at PP been slower the past couple of weeks? Is this a possible indication that everyone's production is on the downside for the time being?

It's sharply contrasted by the fact that the first six months of this year were the best it's been for many years.

Last edited:
Is it me or has the activity here at PP been slower the past couple of weeks? Is this a possible indication that everyone's production is on the downside for the time being?

I would think the opposite would be true. If you don't see as many posts as normal, IMHO, that's an indication that we are just too busy to post.

-MailGuru

We have been picking up more and more lately. Don't see a trend in slowing down, but business has been growing for us since 2012.

I was looking at our books, and 2013 was better than 2012, and the first six months of 2014 were on track to beat 2013 by more than 10%. Then around the first week of July things just quit. This last week things have started to trickle in a little, but nothing like normal.

Of course if we had big, regular, clients we probably wouldn't notice this. Downturns like this make me nervous about upgrading, and going into debt.

The past few months have been just like every summer. As school comes to an end it slows down and come to a trickle at the 4th of July. Then August hits and you figure you might as well take the whole month off and go on vacation. Without looking at my numbers, August felt slower than usual. And as predicted, the day after Labor Day, everything explodes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back