sm52 blanket washer sensor

rbailleu

I have a blanket washer sensor going out. it runs fine for the first couple hours in the day. then the light on the back sensor stays on. I have a spare but I dont want to put it in yet as every morning it works again. its just odd. any thoughts on why this would happen. has it ever happened to you.

maybe just on its way out and as it heat soaks it might just crap out.. like a coil pack on an engine ok when cold and die as they heat up.. its probably not worth the headache just swap it and be done.. out of curiosity how much are a replacement?

I swapped it out this evening. we will see tomorrow. As I recall they are like $75 each. this is the third one in the last 9 months.

suprisingly cheap for a heidelberg part! is that 3 different sensors(as in diff units) or all of same unit?

one sensor in the 3rd unit

and both in the first unit

and changing out the always on sensor fixed it.

Hmmm. That means they are only lasting three months. Always on that unit? There has to be something else wrong that stresses this electrical component on that unit. I think that if you keep changing these, you are working on a symptom, not on the real problem, Have you gotten an opinion from an electrical serviceman trained on that press?

Al

omg, i hope we are not casting doubt upon the germans electronics ! Not much help but a point to add i ran a sm74DI, i think it was number 5 in the uk and the electrics on the di side were so bad that one day i found two surge protectors on the same line and it still fried about £7,500 of boards whilst a trained heidelberg electrician looked more and more confused. Point to note germans make awesome engineered presses but the electrics should be left to the chinese or whoever makes komoris etc.

the sensors were all different sensors no new sensor has failed. just the original parts. and the press is a 206xxx. I have had good luck with most heidelberg stuff. the blower motors for the blowdowns and the decurler seem to go out too much. but running them at full blast all the time is not good for them either.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back