Small Footprint Label Press

Baldbug

I am interested to find out the best "Small Footprint" Label Press that will Print, Contour Cut/Laser Cut, Weed and give an end result ready to use rolls.

I currently use a Roland Versacamm 540iVS model to print, contour cut, and manually weed. We also use our KM C1085 to print on pre-diecut A4 label sheets and also A3 and SRA3 backsplit which we trim off line.

Their is a current order in 20,000 labels (3 different Label sizes) which we will print, contour cut on the Versacamm and weed offline and this qty of labels is becoming more and more with 10K, lots of 1K, and an offer 200K if we install a Label Press.

A Small Footprint Label Press is what I'm considering at the moment. Any info would be helpful.

What do you mean by small footprint? What are the actual max dimensions you are looking at? Have you looking at an HP Indigo 6800 or the more compact EFI Jetrion? Those are two that come to mind.

Well of course I know what small footprint means. The term small is vague, so I was asking for the actual dimensions. I would say that these two machines would be small footprint:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/commercial-printers/indigo-presses/ws6800.html
http://www.efi.com/products/inkjet-...rinters/efi-jetrion-4900m-4900m-330/overview/

The machine you listed could be better described as a table top label press. A larger footprint machine might look more like this:

http://www.efi.com/products/inkjet-...l-label-printers/efi-jetrion-4950lx/overview/

What sort of volume are you pushing per month? Not just the amount of labels in a few jobs. There are many other machines that meet the criteria of a table top label press, but you may have volume that is larger than what it can handle. How much are you looking to spend? Can you grow your business more or afford to go out and sell these jobs?

What sort of volume are you pushing per month? Not just the amount of labels in a few jobs. There are many other machines that meet the criteria of a table top label press, but you may have volume that is larger than what it can handle. How much are you looking to spend? Can you grow your business more or afford to go out and sell these jobs?

We not pushing large runs, we have a lot of small clients, new ones like today a Blueberry Farmer who started up 3,000 trees 2 years ago and has a harvest coming on now one year early because of climate change. Only a small run of labels of three thousand this year but looking for bigger quantities coming up. So I think a Desktop Label printer that can print, laser contour cut and weed and end up on rolls is what I considering.

The Desktop Label Printer that I posted above can do 3,000 labels per hour. What other Label printers are available that are small and produce similar outputs??

Why would we waste our time looking for machines when you don't even answer us about your volume? "Not large runs" and "a lot of clients" is not quantifiable. We have learned nothing new about your business other than your blueberry customer since your first post.

Print and cut in the same unit would surely limit the playing field, this is usually a wide format inkjet feature than can be used to create sheets of decals and labels – but this is not intended for the same vertical market as a dedicated label press. Or do you mean in-line rotary diecutting? How common is the laser cutting system shown in the product in the rest of the market? Or will you be using pre-cut label blanks on rolls? If your clients don’t wish to have label sheets and have reels, then you have a whole different set of considerations, such as core size, diameter of a final reel of labels+core etc.

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
We not pushing large runs, we have a lot of small clients, new ones like today a Blueberry Farmer who started up 3,000 trees 2 years ago and has a harvest coming on now one year early because of climate change. Only a small run of labels of three thousand this year but looking for bigger quantities coming up. So I think a Desktop Label printer that can print, laser contour cut and weed and end up on rolls is what I considering.

The Desktop Label Printer that I posted above can do 3,000 labels per hour. What other Label printers are available that are small and produce similar outputs??

the more important thing is what's in your budget? these units that are posted here will require lots of label runs per day to pay for them.

We went to PrintEx 15 in Sydney a few months ago and there were a lot of Label Presses big, medium and small. We looked at the Epson Colorworks C7500 Inkjet Label printer but sourcing the pre die cut labels is a problem plus limited label sizes also. Like I said we interested in a small footprint Desktop Label Printer to start to move our labels off the Versacamm, the KM C1085 we have is very fast and efficient for A4 pre-diecut labels and backsplit label sheets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back