Small hand fed folder wanted

BigSi

Hi there. I'm after one of these. Preferably not from the states. (Your power is different). I don't mind if it's getting on a bit but need to be complete and capable of all basic folds. Needs to be reasonably price.:D Thanks Simon

I had one of these for awhile, but I misplaced him...(I don't think I was feeding him enough hands to keep him happy) :rolleyes:

bullying-small-person-510.jpg

Attachments

• bullying-small-person-510.jpg
    bullying-small-person-510.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 187
Maybe if you added a few specs for the folder you are looking for you might get some ideas...(table-top letter size office brochure folder or ???)

Maybe if you added a few specs for the folder you are looking for you might get some ideas...(table-top letter size office brochure folder or ???)

Yep your right. Table top would be ideal but would consider larger machines. A4 to A5, A4 to DL. Just your usual basic folds. I'm in New Zealand so something more in this direction would be perfect. Something in Aus? Letter size what is that! LOL:)

Something like these may get you started, granted they are low duty solutions...any may be too small, lightweight for your needs? -http://www.amazon.com/b?node=12900731

No these are mostly "office" type machines, and the better/bigger ones are not hand fed. I need a "proper" printers machine (I am a printer). The reason it need's to be hand fed is I crease before folding on my platen (windmill) to avoid cracking on the toner. Thanks anyway. Simon

BigSi,

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how you want this to work but we score/crease all the time on either a duplo creaser or heidelberg Cylinder and have no problem running them through our air fed folders. My recommendation is a small tabletop unit from Duplo ( http://www.duplousa.com/products/ProductCategory.aspx?CatName=Folders&CatNumber=7). We have a DF-1200 for small runs and it works fine.

I've never seen a production model that was hand fed but perhaps someone more experienced could chime in here.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how you want this to work but we score/crease all the time on either a duplo creaser or heidelberg Cylinder and have no problem running them through our air fed folders. My recommendation is a small tabletop unit from Duplo (http://www.duplousa.com/products/Pro...rs&CatNumber=7). We have a DF-1200 for small runs and it works fine

Thanks Jotter
Yes I'm sure about 90% of the time a normal air fed folder would be fine. It's just that in about 2 years of hunting I have not found a good quality air fed folder for under about $5000nz. (Not talking about chinese). Would only use about twice a month so can't justify spending much. (only a tiny shop) Something might come up. I would rather get a good quality hand fed machine then a low quality air fed machine. I don't wand to get an office friction feed machine at any price (these are crap).
Thanks again. Simon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back