So sick of Prinect and pretty much all HBerg software

warlegs

Their software is so overly complicated for no reason. When I had the Firey hooked up to our C7110 it ran great. Unfortunately we ended up getting the Heidelberg DFE and it's been a headache ever since. Anyone else have this isssue? HBerg says it's a Ricoh issue and vise-versa... The software takes up almost all the CPU and still barely runs. We have a server (new) running the CTP and it's the same. Updates almost daily and the thing screams.. When we losr power and you start everything back up, not only does it take up to a half hour for the printer but then it says "lost connection to the print server, turn off machine".... Sometimes takes an hour or more of restarting everything and it's ridiculous.

Their software is so overly complicated for no reason. When I had the Firey hooked up to our C7110 it ran great. Unfortunately we ended up getting the Heidelberg DFE and it's been a headache ever since. Anyone else have this isssue? HBerg says it's a Ricoh issue and vise-versa... The software takes up almost all the CPU and still barely runs. We have a server (new) running the CTP and it's the same. Updates almost daily and the thing screams.. When we losr power and you start everything back up, not only does it take up to a half hour for the printer but then it says "lost connection to the print server, turn off machine".... Sometimes takes an hour or more of restarting everything and it's ridiculous.
I agree. I've worked for two places with Heidelberg machines. At my old shop we just used a standard Fiery Command Workstation unit and had 0 problems. However, at the new place I'm at we have the Prinect DFE and we've had issues the last few months. At one point the computer crapped out and our tech had to spend a whole day fixing the issues. Recently it seems as if the machine gets bogged down when we try to upload new files and it ends up needing to be rebooted, which takes a painfully long time for some reason. Overall, I would recommend keeping with a Fiery unit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back