So,what are hobbies away from work???

what do I do after work ...huh

what do I do after work ...huh

been in the print industry since 65'...to keep the few strands of hair still on my head I am a paint thrower...have a degree in Art and print to pay for colleges...weddings...life in general. My stuff ( pint on canvas) is usually LARGE..latest one was 8'X4'...did some finer illustration type stuff when my fingers actually did what my brain asked but after 40 yrs of printing and mashed pinkies, cut knuckles, etc...I am into wide brushes and BIG COLOR

After Work - Work

After Work - Work

After Work we usually do more work until we drop and then we sleep and then we do more work.
Work maybe punctuated by eating & drinking - while working.
Here in the UK everyone works all hours.
If you refuse you are unemployed.
I am unemployed - hence I can read PrintPlanet posts.
Regards minch.

Golf/family/anything outdoors.....

I'm getting more into reading. Hated it as a kid but as I get older its becoming a lot more relaxing.

Guessing my avatar gives one of my hobbies away....lol

Photography and Cars are others things as well. I am a bit of a history geek too. US history, World history, Old World History such as Egypt and the Pyramids.

;)During summer, my partner and I fish a lot (Black Bass and trout / yellowfish etc on fly). Come autumn (fall?) I pack the rods away and haul out my trusty rifles and become an avid hunter and reloader. Truth be known, I also hunt quite a bit during summer

Away from work... mmhmm it's a miracle when it happens!
I love mountaineering...so I relax hiking, climbing, ski touring... ok there are also other activities, less healthy for the "hardware"... but good for the spirit, like goofing 'round with friends and drink a couple of beers... and there's homebrewing too... just an hint to invite friends for diner and spend good time together!

Among other things I do photography:

DuskGonzalesBay-1.jpg

More here: Gordon Pritchard's Photography

And sketch:
Farm1.jpg

More here: Sketches by Gordon Pritchard

best, gordo

I play my drums.

Drumming is a great stress reliever. When I have a hard day at work, beating on my drums instead of the equipment or people that messed up my day is a much better option. :eek: At one point I had a very stressful job that was five minutes from my home. If I had an exceptionally hard morning, I would go home at lunch, beat my drums and be refreshed for the afternoon.

My husband. my bulldog, vacations in Punta Cana.... and yes i am a software geek at heart.. all things MAC, Iphone Adobe and Apple!

In Winter I Alpine ski and Snowshoe, once the snow is gone I like to get out and Hike, Bike, Kayak and Barefoot Waterski ! When work is stressful I like to get into the high speed fun for tension release ! It puts me in my Happy Place !

I'll join in, looks like everyone else is having fun... When I'm not working, I like to work some more because I have to pay for all these hobbies: weight lifting, riding motorcycles, guns and shooting, sailing my catamaran, playing drums and building computers. So if I got rid of all my hobbies, I shouldn't have to work anymore, right? I also volunteer in my community and I'm a candidate for County Council. And of course, spending time with my beautiful Wife and wonderful daughter.

I am never, ever, bored.

Never.

Aviation is sort of a hobby of mine. Occasionally I fire up Microsoft Flight Simulator and fly a 737-700 from place to place and once in a while I find it interesting listening to air traffic controllers at different airports around the country.

Ok, so who can out-geek me??? :D

Out geek you...Got it covered.

I am an avid wargamer. So basically I buy little metal men (15mm) paint them up as an entire army. Then push them around a fully terrained table. I have quite a few armies...so my geek factor is pretty high. My girlfriend says I play with boy barbies! Pretty lame since I am 45!

After work: we do more work; after more work we eat and sleep and then we do work.
Here in the UK print jobs are rare - many printers have closed down and that was happening before the world wide banking crises.
Currently you get paid a set amount each month, but you are expected to handle every job that comes in before you go home.
So how can I be reading PrintPlanet rather than working?
Simple: I have no job.

Man lots of car nerds in the printing industry.. Myself included. Of course, all operators are probably more qualified to work on anything than the average mechanic :) I prefer to go sideways in my cars when I'm on the track, when it rains heavily, and when it snows lightly.
I love hiking/backpacking in the backcountry, but multiple consecutive days off in printing are rare. When I was an assistant at a small shop, my operator always used to say time at home is for preparing to get called in.
But what do I really love to do when I'm not at work (like right now)? Hop on printplanet and read about printing of course!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back