So,what are hobbies away from work???

Im a frustrated rock star away from work!! been playing in bands since high school, bass player, other than that hobbies are football (The Australian variety of course) and the family!

I am working towards earning my Private Pilot Certificate. I enjoy USC football, Green Bay Packers and NASCAR.

Kids take up much of the hobby time BUT I have found ways to incorporate BOTH.

Got into watching hockey a few years ago and now we're in the process of building flooring for the garage to go along with the nets. Both of the kids at home like launching the pucks thankfully.

The oldest son is into computer games so I shroud my gaming hobby within "spending quality time with my son". It works well. We've mainly stuck to the fantasy games (he doesn't dig the war games) and recently that stupid Minecraft game (too many hours spent looking for more materials, trying to figure out complex circuits, etc.).

I find gardening, landscaping, mowing, weeding.... anything outside on a nice day can be very therapeutic after a tough "printing" day.
Camping, walking the dog or reading is also good.

Old hobby it is on hold (a tube audio amplifier and some interesting type of loudspeakers) because every afternoon I get same request: "daddy, daddy, come and play with me!".... so my new hobby is Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego factory and other Lego stuff.

I'm into writing. I run my own blog dedicated to cars and car accessories and I really enjoy posting things. People say I've got a style ;)

Going entirely way too fast on my Road bike (top speed 36.25mph!), painting, video games. There's always the internet and sleeping of course.

Outside of Print-nerdery and listening to the hilarious crap my kids come up with....

I am BIG into atv's.... Yamaha Raptors to be exact. So far, bombing down a trail or sand dunes in 5th gear is the best way I have found to shut life off. Helmet blocks out the outside world LOL.

Also enjoy guitar, video games with the kids...bike riding, and swimming. Wife and I enjoy tennis....the rest of my limited spare time I spend on internet hijinx. The world takes social networking too seriously. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back