software for package/box creation?

wonderings

Every now and then I am getting a box to create, sometimes it is straightforward, other times it can be complex (for me at least). We don't do enough of it to warrant the higher price tag I have seen from Esko. I was wondering is there any software that makes the process simpler without breaking the bank? Currently I am trying to create a box like the attached image and have to do everything manually in illustrator and there is a lot of trial and error as I do my initial creation, send it to our wide format guys to print out a sample on E-Flute or B-flute, I see where my problems are, adjust, send a new file. I repeat this a few times till I get something usable. Any software you all can recommend that would make my life a bit easier and that is not subscription?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Unknown.png
    Unknown.png
    323.5 KB · Views: 247
I don't know of a specific software, but online box companies usually offer downloadable templates. While they may not be exact to your box needs, they can be close, and you can usually see in their design where adjustments are needed for folds, etc. Better yet, if they are in Illustrator you may be able to quickly modify to your needs.

Thanks for both replies. I use Templatemaker for some simple ones and diecuttemplates.com for generally more complicated. I would like to learn a bit more then using the automated way through these sites and use some proper software that gives me more flexibility and control. I will keep googling around and see if I can come up with anything.

If you happen to have SignCut Pro, they have a box template add-on. I know nothing about price or performance.

If you happen to have SignCut Pro, they have a box template add-on. I know nothing about price or performance.
Think our sign guys are using something different. I did download the demo of SignCut though and ran the Box template. It is pretty basic from what I see, pretty much like the free sites that have templates that you can alter the dimensions. Nothing to create from scratch or edit easily.

Think our sign guys are using something different. I did download the demo of SignCut though and ran the Box template. It is pretty basic from what I see, pretty much like the free sites that have templates that you can alter the dimensions. Nothing to create from scratch or edit easily.
Bummer

I am not sure if this does what you want, but have you looked at PaSharp?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back