Specs for a 4 Color Press

ashwini singh

Hi Planning to go with a new 4 color press and wanted some opinions on

1)LED vs Conventional. Led apart from costs of ink seems to have the following in its favor :

· Instant drying

· Better color gamut

· Great on uncoated and plastics

Is there anything I am missing here ?

2) Display on press: New presses offer huge displays on the machine , is there any use to these for a pressroom. Heidelberg has wallscreen XL and Komori has KID, does this add value in any way.

Thanks

My first and best suggestion would be to go with a 5/c press as opposed to a 4/c. The additional unit will ad much flexibility to the process. As far as LED vs Conventional curing I would say that unless your planning to print on non pours substrates like metallic foil and synthetic plastic sheets, or..... you have a specific need for instant curing I would stick with conventional. I would also give some thought to equipping the press with an inline coater. An inline aqueous coater would allow you to get the fast drying of LED or UV inks without the high cost of those inks and curing energy requirements. It will also allow you to offer the coating option to your customers as a value added service.

Hi Planning to go with a new 4 color press and wanted some opinions on

1)LED vs Conventional. Led apart from costs of ink seems to have the following in its favor :

· Instant drying

· Better color gamut

· Great on uncoated and plastics

Is there anything I am missing here ?

2) Display on press: New presses offer huge displays on the machine , is there any use to these for a pressroom. Heidelberg has wallscreen XL and Komori has KID, does this add value in any way.

Thanks
Make sure your plates can handle UV inks.

Do your research because there are different advantages from one press manufacturer to another. And even though some of those may just be personal preference, when it comes to modern printing presses; there’s really no better machine that money can buy than a brand new UV press with a coater.

1. Install Hybrid ‘Chameleon’ rollers and you’ll have the option of running both UV and/or conventional inks.
  2. A dual coating pump for your coater can switch back and forth between Aqueous and UV coating, giving you the option to apply either one.
  3. If possible, get a press equipped with an extended delivery. It’s very important for proper dry/cure time of various coatings.
  4. A press with 5 or more units can obviously not only print more colors, but it can also print various strike-thru coating products, as well.

These machines are an absolute dream to operate.... the operators whose job it is to work on them arguably have the best job there is on the production side of the printing industry.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back