Specs on Ricoh c720

jotterpinky

Does anyone know detailed specs on the Ricoh c720. I've downloaded the brochure from their website but have been unable to ascertain if they are quoting tolerances for registration (front to back & sheet to sheet). There is also nothing I can see that tells the max weight of sheet it will auto-duplex. Finally it seems very odd that the bypass tray will only accept paper up to 80lb cover while trays 3,4 will run up to 110lb cover. Almost all equipment I have run in the past allow the maximum weight through the bypass tray.

If anyone knows the answers to these questions please let me know. We are currently using a Canon 9075 IR Advance and it's a real dog...so much so that we're looking to replace it with something that doesn't require the tech to babysit.

I'm mostly interested in registration problems, color consistency, and paper handling capabilities.

My company is considering purchasing a new digital press, we considered several solutions, which were then discarded (see Xerox 700, KM6501, Canon imageRUNNER 9070), because there are machines suitable for heavy duty printing.
As an alternative, we evaluated the Ricoh C900 (which is entirely equal to the C720 will only change the speed) we have ample evidence in these two months, resolving with their trainers also the problem of oil on the prints. The final conclusion is that this is a real production machine, the mechanical adjustment of the paper not only allows for a duplex near perfect, but also print perfectly perpendicular to the sheet. The construction of this machine is so solid that releases easily even on cards 350gr., Excellent color constancy also runs from 1000/1500 copies. The only flaw is that unlike the machines of a lower (X700, KM6501 etc.. Etc..) Has many more parameters and options to be set to achieve an excellent result, unlike the first mentioned machines where just put the paper and start printing .

Warning I am a Ricoh tech.

Still looking for somewhere that has the registration specs in print but it is +/- 0.5 mm. I can tell you I have not had any complaints about the registration.

The paper path from tray three and four is much straighter than the bypass those are the two trays you will use the most. I wouldn't bother getting the bypass unless you need it for an addition paper source. Like if you do a job that needs five trays.

Last edited:
We have recently installed the Ricoh C720s. The registration is almost bang on front to back...no issues there. We have had issues with toner adhering to the sheet ( I can easliy scrape off with my fingernail). The toner issues rarely occur with card stock, mostly with uncoated stock. We have tried all types of settings, some work and the next day seems to not work.

Positives, colour is consistent and vibrant, registration is excellent, large capacity trays and fast.

Overall we are 85% happy with our purchase and has hepled increase our monthly sales.

THe Ricoh, Xerox, Canon and Minolta are all good machines and come with the good, the bad and the ugly issues...no perfect digital press out there just yet, may be one day.

We have recently installed the Ricoh C720s. The registration is almost bang on front to back...no issues there. We have had issues with toner adhering to the sheet ( I can easliy scrape off with my fingernail). The toner issues rarely occur with card stock, mostly with uncoated stock. We have tried all types of settings, some work and the next day seems to not work.

Do you know if the tech has tried adjusting the fuser settings ? It is possible to set the temp slightly higher than it comes from the factory.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back