Spectrodensitometer

Cris

I am researching spectrodensitometers for my company because we are looking to get a new one because the two we have are fairly old. One is no longer supported and one is over ten years old and is possibly on it's last legs. I came across some made by Techkon. Does anyone know anything about the spectrodensitometers from this company. Are they reliable? Are the readings consistent? Comparable to X-Rite? They are more inexpensive and are being sold by several graphic supply houses. I'm doing the best I can to find info on their reliability, what they use to calculate densities, etc., warranties and reviews but have yet to find much in the way of these yet. Are there any other manufacturers of spectrodensitometers that anyone can recommend? As everyone knows spectrodensitometers are a pretty big investment. Not compared to presses but you know what I mean. :)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I also posted this in the marketplace threads but thought I might get answers from this forum also.

Last edited:
The Techkon Spectro-Dens is a SUPERB instrument. It's every bit the equal of the X-Rite units in my opinion. In the area of UI and software support, they are better in my opinion.

I own an older Gretagmacbeth SpectroEye and had the pleasure of using a loaner Spectro-Dens for several months and was thoroughly impressed....not easy since I'm a big fan of the SpectroEye. The Spectro-Dens was smaller, lighter, WAY faster and just presented the data in a way that seemed very intuitive. If I could afford one right now, I'd have one.

Regards,
Terry Wyse

Terry is right. I also had a Techkon Spectro-Dens loaner for few weeks (when my Xrite 528 was broken) and I can say that I loved it as well.

Saw an xrite 528 for sale here on print planet for like $1800. Retail for that unit is close to $4500. Can do density, LAB, and dot reader. Has downloadable G7, and PMS patch color matching for coated, matte and uncoated. If it is working it is well worth that price.

I too had the pleasure of a loaner Spectrodens and Spectroplate.........

If I was in the market to buy there would be no question......run, run as fast as you can
to your local dealer and get one.

You will love it.......

Like Terry said, smaller, faster and intuitive !!

I really had a hard time sending it back, I cried all the way to my shipping department :(

John

Thanks everyone for your help. I really do appreciate it. Wish I could get my hands on one to try it myself. Maybe one of the companies I've looked at has a loaner program to entice me to buy one.

spectrodensitometer for sale

spectrodensitometer for sale

Thanks everyone for your help. I really do appreciate it. Wish I could get my hands on one to try it myself. Maybe one of the companies I've looked at has a loaner program to entice me to buy one.

I am selling an XRITE 580 Series Spectrodensitometer
It is brand new, out of the box because it was just given to me by a friend. It is in perfect condition, untouched.with manual and all. Contact me at 09163209949 for a bid.

Konica Minolta, newly launched portable spectrodensitometer FD7/FD5 from Konica Minolta Japan for color matching and density of printing materials. which is Ideal for Paper, Ink, Packaging & Commercial Printing. Any body is Interested pls. contact within India,

Siddhesh R. Gangnaik - Asst. Manager
Cell +91-90041 32228
E-mail : [email protected]

JAY INSTRUMENTS & SYSTEMS PVT. LTD.
HO. : E-16, Everest, Tardeo Road, Mumbai-400 034.
Tel. : 91 - 22 - 2352 6207/2352 6208
Fax : 91 - 22 - 2352 6210
Jay Instruments & Systems Pvt. Ltd.

The best solution in the market, extremely reliable: SpectroJet, from Techkon.

According to Tehckon site, SpectroJet is a „spectrophotometer on wheels“ which automatically measures the densities and color values of process- and spot-colors and simultaneously transfers the measurement data to a PC within seconds.

It is connected with Expresso software, ISO and G7 compliant.

TECHKON GmbH - SpectroJet

Hope this helps.

I'm going to throw in my vote for Techkon to...amazing consistency, accuracy and very easy to use. The software they proved (Expresso) and some other newer innovations are great. Some of their most recent software even includes helpful troubleshooting tips (i.e. it detects consistent slur in your last unit, it will recommend tension adjustments that may be helpful; obviously on a web press). Nice little package.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back