Spectroeye vs eyeone pro

marc3llo

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with measuring pantone colours. I have a customer who is measuring delta E (against the pantone digital library) with a spectroeye xrga and I am trying to read the same colours with the eyeone. Is there any chance that we'll succeeded? I have the eyeone connected to esko color engine and I can set up the correct ansi, d50 and delta formula 2000 but I can't find the way to change the observers angle and whether the white is absolute or not.

Do you know a way to measure similar or approximate values with the Eyeone compared to those read by the spectroeye xrga?

Thanks for your help!
Marcelo

Legend Stephen!

I am pretty sure I have colorport installed, I'll give it a shot.
And what about the observers angle and so on? Can I properly set it up in color port in order to match the spectroeye xrga?

Thanks again
Marcelo

Try a later version 2> of the free ColorPort software from X-Rite, which can read a single patch chart in XRGA mode and if I remember correctly is very flexible. I would hope that you can get two different spectros to agree within 0.5-1 dE of each other.

Other options could be:

Robin Myers Imaging: SpectraShop�

Tucanna Quality Control 3.0

Stephen Marsh

The measurement info reports that XRGA is being used for my Rev D i1pro.

Other options for colorimetric info include: D50 or other illuminants, observer 2/10, Lab/Lch/XYZ values or spectral or density etc.

Stephen Marsh

But what software are you using? I use esko color engine and I don't have those settings (observed angle.. Unless it's 2 by default? Although it seems 10 is more accurate? )

Thanks
Marcelo

The measurement info reports that XRGA is being used for my Rev D i1pro.

Other options for colorimetric info include: D50 or other illuminants, observer 2/10, Lab/Lch/XYZ values or spectral or density etc.

Stephen Marsh

But what software are you using? I use esko color engine and I don't have those settings (observed angle.. Unless it's 2 by default? Although it seems 10 is more accurate? )

Thanks
Marcelo

All of those options are offered by ColorPort!

You can click on the little (i)nfo button on the measurement section and a window opens up with the current patch measurement samples, plus all of the options. I can post some screen captures if that would help.

Stephen Marsh

Hi Stephen,

I'm struggling to create a single lab colour patch I'm Colorport. I have options for CMYK, rgb and hexachrom but nothing to input a single lab value to the get the delta E difference (with delta e 2000 formula).

Can you please walk me through the steps?

Thanks a lot!
Marcelo

All of those options are offered by ColorPort!

You can click on the little (i)nfo button on the measurement section and a window opens up with the current patch measurement samples, plus all of the options. I can post some screen captures if that would help.

Stephen Marsh

Just create a new single patch chart, using CMYK reference values. It does not matter what the source values are. In my case, I was measuring paper whites, so I made the CMYK values zero – however this single patch chart can also be used to measure any colour, such as solid spots, tints etc.

I have attached a single patch measurement chart for ColorPort in .xml format. This can be imported by using the Target Manager menu option to import (you may need to remove the .xml extension, not sure…).

After importing or creating a single patch chart, use the Measure Targets tab to select the single patch chart, calibrate the spectro and measure the patch with the desired options.

I have attached a screen capture if this helps.

Let me know if you still need that step by step…

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• Single Patch.xml.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 210
  • colorport.jpg
    colorport.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 205
Hi Stephen,

I was checking the file thanks for that... But may be I wasn't clear enough. The problem I have is that I have a proof (that I didn't create) with pantone colours. Now what I want to do with this proof is to check the delta E of the printed sample against the Pantone digital library. So I have to be able to load the digital pantone library, scan the swatches and get the delta E. As i mentioned before I can do all this in color engine (esko) but I can't set the attributes of the observers angle (not sure if that makes a huge impact anyway in the result? Unless the attributes of the observers angle are descripted by default in some ISO-ANSI standard?

Thanks!
Marcelo

Just create a new single patch chart, using CMYK reference values. It does not matter what the source values are. In my case, I was measuring paper whites, so I made the CMYK values zero – however this single patch chart can also be used to measure any colour, such as solid spots, tints etc.

I have attached a single patch measurement chart for ColorPort in .xml format. This can be imported by using the Target Manager menu option to import (you may need to remove the .xml extension, not sure…).

After importing or creating a single patch chart, use the Measure Targets tab to select the single patch chart, calibrate the spectro and measure the patch with the desired options.

I have attached a screen capture if this helps.

Let me know if you still need that step by step…

Stephen Marsh

Once you have your two sets of Lab measurements, you could use a simple app for your desktop or iPhone/Android device, such as:

DeltaE Lab (en)

Delta E Calculator App

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=deltae

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deltae-lab/id449045579?mt=8

DeltaE Download - Softpedia

DeltaE 1.2 - Free DeltaE Download at

Or even use Bruce Lindbloom’s calc:

Color Difference Calculator

or this one:

DeltaE Calculator

Stephen Marsh

(Search keywords: dE | Delta E | Deltae | deltaE | ΔE )

Last edited:
Version 2 of Tucanna Color Control was like 1/5 the price of the new version. Don't know if version 2 is available.

SpectraShop is a good tool, as is BabelColor.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back