Splatter/reactive target printing

cruisin

I am trying to figure out how to print reactive targets. For those of you who don't know they are basically shooting targets where there is a brightly colored ink below a black overprint where the black overprint is not really stuck that well so when they are hit it flakes off in that area. I know I am trying to do something most of us have tried to avoid forever.

I have tried my ink rep and he couldn't seem to find any way to do it. We do some variable data overprint on our digital machines and have had this issue in the past when we first started. I am pretty sure we were using and ink with some wax content on the offset then tried to over print and it flaked off. I could probably test this theory but wanted to check here first before I tear anything up testing.

I would imagine printing over an aqueous or uv coating would also work but again thought I would check to see if anyone has any experience with this before I spend a lot of time trying to figure it out.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies

Yes I have seen the DIY version with spray paint which would work fine for a few targets we are actually wanting to try and mass produce them and I am sure there is a way to print them on the press.

It is not the same as the scratch off at least the stuff we have used for scratch off in the past. The scratch off ink that we used was much thicker and actually sticks better than the ink on these targets.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back