Stahl folder + inexperience. Advice please.

Nathan666mills

Hi,i have a folding issue on a heidelberg stahl folder (circa 2005). My problem is on a a4 landscape job on 170gsm stock.the first fold seems 'weak',and not very sharp.this leaves a slight bulge and a visible line,but even worse,once it goes through the knife section,the bulge which must contain air,gives a small crease on the first fold edge.i have tried using a different plate for the first fold and trying different pressures onscreen where the papers would be for roller pressure setting,but no joy.does anyone know what im doing wrong?the folder is pretty good,and i suspect my settings to be at fault.as you can probably tell from my descriptions,im no bindery worker,im a printer who covers machine setting in the bindery during holidays.this is only my 4th week over the past year,and im stuck! Thanks for any help you can offer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back