Stahl folder slow on start up

Hi,

I have a Stahl K56 folder K56/4kTL 4B2. It is very slow on start up but is ok after it 'warms up'. The operator switches it on and starts running it 30 minutes before use until it gets to speed. If it is left to stand a couple of hours, same again. It squeals at first which suggests a drive belt, but the op can't see anything wrong. When I say slow, I mean it hardly turns, then slowly gets up to speed. Otherwise runs ok.

Thanks all.

Get down on your hands and knees to have a close look at the motor shaft or the pulley attached to it while it is on. Is it running slow? If not, then it is the belt issue. Perhaps the expansion pulley needs a shot of grease. It seems as though you are afraid of getting dirty in solving this simple problem.

Al

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back