Standard Blankets

pacificiam

Hi,

As you know there is many standards for chemical, ink and TVI etc. Do we have standards for blankets?

If yes, then who is approved them, What are the parameter they are checking? How to identify it?

Please do the needful with your valuable suggestion.

The 'standard' blanket used in offset printing on paper or board is the compressible blanket. That's pretty much where the standard ends. There are many types of blankets on the market and each has it's own claim to fame. Quick release, UV, Hybrid, soft durometer, harder durometer, buffed, cast, 4ply, 3ply, stickyback, different rubber compounds and different cylinder undercuts to name but a few of the types available. Most printers will agree on plate/blanket squeeze of .004"-.006" thou for a compressible blanket. I guess you have to match the type of blanket you should use with your type of work/stock you are using. What maybe is my standard and works good for me may not work as well for you

Last edited:
Thanks for PDF.

But I required specification of standard blankets

Do we have this type of concept in printing industry.

Blanket Standards - the answer is NO, too many variables, 1) The Blanket Face 2) the Compressible Layer etc -- The only standard is for the Cotton Carcass Weaving.

The remaining Layers are the Maufacturer's Choice

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back