Standard in flexo print

lzakelj

Hello

Does anyone has any experience in how to set up a standard in a printing house for flekso low migration cmyk print. Is the following procedure ok:
Using iso 12647-6 for cmyk lab values
Then print cmyk and making shure all values are below dE=5. And then measure the density of each color.
Is there any other standard for flexo then 12647-6? I was thinking to make this procedure for making a standard on density values in a printing house.
Please share your opinion on this mater. Thank you

Best regards
Luka

That sounds fine for just the solids and overprints.
What about screen tints and dot gain (TVI) for plate curves?
Did you do a banded anilox roll test to determine optimal anilox screen count and cell volume (BCM)? If water-base inks, document pH. If solvent based inks document viscosity.

Hello

Does anyone has any experience in how to set up a standard in a printing house for flekso low migration cmyk print. Is the following procedure ok:
Using iso 12647-6 for cmyk lab values
Then print cmyk and making shure all values are below dE=5. And then measure the density of each color.
Is there any other standard for flexo then 12647-6? I was thinking to make this procedure for making a standard on density values in a printing house.
Please share your opinion on this mater. Thank you

Best regards
Luka

Get this: FIRST 6.0 - Flexographic Technical Association

Yes
Did you do a banded anilox roll test to determine optimal anilox screen count and cell volume (BCM)? If water-base inks, document pH. If solvent based inks document viscosity.
Yes we did tvi and all that. What i would like to know. How to set up a standard for cmyk. Curently we have standard density values for cmyk from offset. Is the proccedure mentioned above ok for full tones for cmyk. We are using low migration uv inks and our density standard for black is im my opinion very high. Betwen 1.75 and 2.10. In 12647-6 standard there are values for cmyk lab. Can we use those to set up standard for cmyk for flexo machines?

Flexo uses ISO 12647-6 and shows Lab for CMYK.
Find the closest match, lowest dE, and that becomes your density target aim.
Thank you. That is all i wanted to know. Couse here in our company we are still using ofset density values and for low migration uv black the density is to high and color scratch is a problem while if using lab in 12647-6 standard it is ok. We will change to flekso standard then. Thank you all for helping out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back