Stepping out Flexo plates by hand....question on bearer bars!

shorty83

Hi, I usually step my files out using Esko software and smartmarks. But, I have a job that needs specific marks so I need to step the files by hand in .ai. I am wondering if anyone knows if the bearer bars should be distorted when I go to distort the art for plating? Since I am used to using Esko Smart marks I am not sure if the bearer bars are distorted or not! Thanks!

A little bit senseless question because actually you are not distort not only the art on the plate but the plate itself so if you distort the art = you distort also all marks include bearer marks

definitely yes, design your file completely, (step n repeat file) along with bearer bar n marks you needed on the plat before you distort the file.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back