Steve Jobs has died

The first computer I touched was a Macintosh and the course of my life was immediately changed. It's really strange, I feel like I lost a beloved uncle.

The amount of influence this man had directly on so many lives, businesses and industries is immeasurable.

The first computer I touched was a Macintosh and the course of my life was immediately changed. It's really strange, I feel like I lost a beloved uncle.

The amount of influence this man had directly on so many lives, businesses and industries is immeasurable.

Same here and I go back to the AppleII era and Qdos... Jeez am I that old?
Happy sailing Steve, you changed my life for the better. :-(((

he truly changed the world, and he started with our industry. with the mac, postscript from adobe and a laserwriter, publishing truly came to the desktop. we'll miss you, steve. thanks for everything.

Worse than that

Worse than that

I go all the way back to the Xerox Star workstation, similar to the ones Steve Jobs saw during his visits to PARC. GUI, drag'n drop, mouse, desktop publishing, I used it all years before the Mac or even Lisa. Jobs did what Xerox HQ wouldn't do though, which was to make it simple, accessible, fun and affordable. Good book to read, Amazon.com: Dealers of Lightning: Xerox PARC and the Dawn of the Computer Age (9780887309892): Michael A. Hiltzik: Books

Same here and I go back to the AppleII era and Qdos... Jeez am I that old?
Happy sailing Steve, you changed my life for the better. :-(((

A great Loss to the MAC Industry. We will remember you when ever use Apple Product Steve.. Which will never happen I hope.

2979934.jpg

I sit here crying, feeling as though I have lost a dear friend. I have used Macs since 1993, and as a Mac fanatic, I wanted to know all about the men who started Apple.

Woz, I love you man. It couldn't have happened without you. Unfortunately, engineers like us rarely are good salesmen, so you needed Jobs. We all did. He brought your work to light, and others unappreciated work as well. He had vision that no one else had, to make it come to pass. Jobs, he did SO much over SO many years. The comeback rocked us all much more than the original triumph.

Truth be told, Apple paid Jobs and his crew to come in, take over, and save Apple back in '97. Apple would not be the company it is today without him. Apple fired it's daddy, and did he try and get revenge? No, he went and made two companies, came back to Apple, and pieces of both of those companies make Apple, and OS X what it is today. Entertainment, but given with an artist's eye toward beauty, color, design, sound, and video - the TOTAL user experience.

Mac fans such as myself will truly miss him. To many of us, we can't imagine the world ever being the same. The world has lost a visionary who impacted each and every one of us (computers nor phones nor music nor movies would be what they are today without him).

THANK YOU STEVE JOBS. MAY GOD CAUSE THE SON TO SHINE UPON YOU ETERNALLY. IN JESUS' NAME.

Sincerely,

Don Isbell, Jr.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back