Successful EAL / Switch from envelope converter to JET?

kaiserwilhelm

Wondering if anyone has ever solved this dilemma.
We change presses ALL the time. So, the job comes in as an envelope print while converting. This means that we have a 1 page pdf with the flap, front rectangle, and then the back - all on one face of say a rectangle that is 11.75 x 10.33
Now, I want to do the following (in order of difficulty)
Duplicate the PDF a few times
Take the first dupe and do a simple crop to get the front rectangle (very easy)
Take the second pdf and crop to get that top flap. Easy
BUT, here is where it gets to be too much I believe.
My pdf of the flap is now 9.5 wide but only say 1.4375 top. It is currently upside down. I need to turn the entire document 180....but I have a LOT of extraneous artwork still showing up when I select all in pitstop.
So, flipping 180 is not in the cards.
Even after I get through all of this, I think I will have to copy from PDF#2 and paste onto a P2 that is 9.5 x 4.125. Same with the bottom of the PDF.
I cannot believe that Switch / EALs could not accomplish this, but I am not seeing a path forward.
Thoughts?

Should be doable.
You've got Flip Content, which is based on a page box, Flip Selection, which can be based on visible objects only or maybe even one of the Rotate actions would do it?
If you are doing your crop with the Crop Box that's easy, or use the Art Box
You should get rid of the excess data anyway with the Select Outside Region and Delete Selection.
Drop me a PM if you want.

Should be doable.
You've got Flip Content, which is based on a page box, Flip Selection, which can be based on visible objects only or maybe even one of the Rotate actions would do it?
If you are doing your crop with the Crop Box that's easy, or use the Art Box
You should get rid of the excess data anyway with the Select Outside Region and Delete Selection.
Drop me a PM if you want.
PM sent

Yeah, I would duplicate the pages, crop to the size you need, then get rid of all objects outside of crop box. That way not only will you only have the objects needed when you rotate, there's also not a bunch of extra junk in your print file.
We've had issues where our envelope printers ignore the crop box and only see the media box. So we always have to change the media box to the envelope size.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back