Testchart for setting ink volumes & ductor

Lukas Engqvist

Does anyone have any advice on how to configure ink curve on a heidelberg? We have a Ryobi press, and I am at a sister company that has a heidelberg.

Problem is curves seem way off. To start with something other than guesswork we started to logg Start ink settings and regulated settings. This will give us some way to verify that we are getting to the right set, but other than playing with the curves there must be some more planned way to go about it?
Was thinking it I generate a test file with 2keys per level. 2keys 1, 5,10, 20, 40, 70, (100) % and then regstring the key places after. And adjusting the curve. I could then verify that the curve is correct by first activating the curve and then seeing that the initial setting is what my final setting was. Is this totally whacky thinking? There is no abc showing this procedure. (In the ryobi we get plotted values used (at the appropriate ink % and use the plotted scatterchart to finetune the curve)

What press and what age, we have a number of test forms and programs built in to CP2000 to automatically compensate ink presetting curves.

Lukas, please, first make sure, that printing press is mechanically OK: if you close all zones totally, no ink should come down, all rollers need to be aligned properly (per user manual)... If you do not check/adjust/correct this basics, you will be never sure, if key opening after CIP3 input is OK.
It makes sense to call local HD office and ask them to offer you PCM (Print Color Management) service. If you decide for it, do actively colaborate and learn from it.
Janez

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back