The CSR

gordo

316%20The%20CSR_zpsecb4791y.jpg

Works ok, until you really put the job on later that day, and, you find out there's a problem, and, you have to call the customer back.

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave.............."

"when I said the colors popped, well I wasn't holding it in the right light.. those lights in the press room are horrible"

Salesmen usually just get the sale and leave the other stuff to others. Since they usually get commission, it's understandable, until he sells strange jobs you can't do or makes promises you can't keep for him. If they'd just ask first.....

Ill tell you what, people do underestimate CSR's thought. I literally just picked up a monthly repeat job because I kept calling them even though they were apparently happy with what they currently had. The customer came in today and said that they just felt like they weren't a priority at their current company. Didn't feel like any extra effort was ever made and pretty much told the customer how it was going to be. Well guess, what, I got him much better proof and gave him a better price and turn around time. He dropped them like a hot potato lol. So CSR's can have a tremendous benefit on a company if used right.

I used to work with an operator who told me that at his previous employer (large commercial printer), every job had to be signed off on before it could be run. One sales rep's answer to that would be to sign-off on a BLANK SHEET before the job was on press, and after the operator was up to color on the job he would send that sheet through the press, and that would become his sign-off.

The operator explained it as the sales rep's extreme confidence in his ability to produce quality work. I think it's possible that the sales rep may have had 'more important' things to do.

Just goes to show you...........There is NO quality assurance/proofing/check-off system that you can possibly come up with, that, can't be circumvented by some ingenious idiot

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back