The Linotype Story 1936-1955

ajr

I have had a bit of time recently to go through some of my late Father's print memorabilia. He was a compositor in London in the late 50s early 60s, working at various companies working his way up through production to managing and owning a large print finishers in the 80s. there is a link and attachments of a promotions booklet from 1955 of Linotype through the years showcasing their equipment and machinery. Not big grey nice like today but proper machinery. Worth a browse if you are into things like this. I can't wait to get back to work print its in my blood let's hope it gets back to normal soon. Stay safe. The Linotype Story 1936-1955

Yes. I visited a competitor today that still operates 2 Linotype machines. Truly they are “proper machines” as you say. Cheers to the good old days.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back