The Whole Package

Cory Smith

168-The-Whole-Package.jpg

Too bad he won't have much time to use all that fantastic software, in between bindery work, answering phones, filing plates, clearing jams on the "digital press," and all the other odd jobs prepress people find out they are required to do.

Too bad he won't have much time to use all that fantastic software, in between bindery work, answering phones, filing plates, clearing jams on the "digital press," and all the other odd jobs prepress people find out they are required to do.

AND . . . they expect you to also be the company's IT guy since you obviously are a computer geek.

The euphoria is temporary as his company is looking at outsourcing this role ( he sees himself as an expert, his company sees him as a cost centre)

And...and...no vacation or sick pay for a year? And no paid holidays for 6 months? Wow, I really got it made!!! Wait until I tell all my friends!!!

<sigh> My mantra: IlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjobIlovemyjob...SMILE!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back