Thick Silk Laminate: US vs UK

Prismoro

We are planning a series of very exclusive postcard campaigns. The card itself should bark "QUALITY". So we're thinking very thick silk laminated, and would like to locate a printer with the equipment and experience to support this stock.

Googling some combination of "postcard", "thick", "silk", "laminate", "luxury", etc. brings up lots of UK printers and almost no US printers. So maybe we're setting ourselves up for problems in the US.

Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Nick

Silk Laminated

Silk Laminated

We use 34mic BOPP in Mexico for the silk lamination. Does that suit your needs?

About your question regarding why you don't find a Silk Laminate offer in the US it's because the best producer of that film is based in Europe.

If you need a quote on that we can help you. We have almost all the different high end printing and finishing equipments and systems.

Jose Gil

We are planning a series of very exclusive postcard campaigns. The card itself should bark "QUALITY". So we're thinking very thick silk laminated, and would like to locate a printer with the equipment and experience to support this stock.

Googling some combination of "postcard", "thick", "silk", "laminate", "luxury", etc. brings up lots of UK printers and almost no US printers. So maybe we're setting ourselves up for problems in the US.

Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

Nick

Thanks Jose, but my wording was probably misleading. I should have said thick stock with a silk laminate, not a thick silk laminate.

Does your comment still hold? That is, is this really a supplier issue?

Nick:

How thick is the stock you want to print? If it's more than 0.6mm or 0.023" then the board might be the problem. It'll be difficult to find it in North America (Canada, USA or Mexico). You can find thicker boards either in Europe, Brazil or Chile. Are you looking for a large quantity? In Mexico we have 0.024" board in stock (this is made in Chile) 100% virgin fiber. Thicker than 0.024" and If it's not a large quantity (more than 20 tons) I'd suggest you to laminate board to board after printing so you can make a thicker board.

JOSE

We were thinking around 24 pt. It would take us 2 or 3 years to work through 20 tons. Carolina 1CS & 2CS comes in 24pt and is a #2 -- ripe for some great imaging. But we've yet to find any printers eager to print on it. So we might wind up duplexing as you suggest.

I sure appreciate your advice Jose. And it's fascinating to me that standard stock specs vary so much internationally.

Any printer with a MAN Roland 500, 700 or 900 or a Shinohara or a SpeedMaster CD 102 or and XL 105 or KBA 74, 106 or bigger can print that stock. I'm sure you can find some one near your location to print it.

Hi

Accept greetings from COSMO Films, India .....!

Started in 1981, We are pleased to introduce ourselves as Largest BOPP & Thermal Lamination Film manufacturer from India. State-of-art manufacturing facility at our various plants in 3 continents proudly makes us most preferred supplier ( Top 5 ) in the world.

For more information you may visit us at Laminating Solutions, Bopp, Packaging, Specialty Films | Cosmo Films Ltd.
For corporate profile video, you visit at Cosmo Films Corporate Video - YouTube.

Looking forward to hear you soon.

Best Regards,

Sachin Kothari
International Marketing.

Cosmo Films Limited
B-14/8, MIDC, Waluj, Aurangabad (MS) 431138 INDIA
T:+91 02402554611 ( Extn.191) , Fax: +912402554416 | M:+ 91 9850901573
www.cosmofilms.com; skype - kothari.sachin
Email - [email protected]

7-8-2014-1-40-27-pm.jpg

We regularly print Carolina 24pt. C1S on out Heidelberg. We are right here in Missouri.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back