Things You Miss the Least

oxburger

What software features of current or former software do you miss the least? It can be because it was always a headache or something the developer never fixed, etc.

I'll start:

Pagemaker's (Very Tight, Tight, Loose, Very Loose) tracking and kerning feature

Oops- misread the post. I read it as "what software do you miss" instead of "miss least".

Last edited:
Hands down it has to be Freehand. Oh what a pain that program was and to migrate artwork away from it was even worse.

corrupt boxes in quark - I have not see that in a long time.
Corel draw yet don't miss it, and freehand
multiadcreator

p

Wow all the Freehand haters!

I loved Freehand back in the day, the most intuitive drawing program there ever was! I absolutely hate Illustrator, but...have to suffer through it. :(

I miss my Freehand.

Corel Draw, and some program I don't remember the name of that was made by Pagemaker and also started with a "P".

Wow all the Freehand haters!

I loved Freehand back in the day, the most intuitive drawing program there ever was! I absolutely hate Illustrator, but...have to suffer through it. :(

I miss my Freehand.

Me too . . . but I still use it every week - freehand MX still works under 10.6.6 wouldn't trade it for the world . . .

and airyk . . . could the program your thinking about be pagemill (it was by adobe) but i think after they bought pagemaker

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back