Tips for AB Dick super aquamatic w/ silvermaster

CostaRicaPrinter

For anyone out there using the AB Dick alcohol system with silvermaster plates. We always had a bit of a problem keeping them wet enough, had to use quite a bit of alcohol. Well, we found a solution! I finally obtained a gallon of Varn Pink Universal. I now use only 10% to 15% alcohol (we are using sugar cane ethanol instead of isopropyl - smells better and works great!), 1 ounce of Varn Pink to 24 ounces water, and a tiny shot of Anchor alcohol substitute (it's purple, don't have the number here). We can run all week with no problems. You have to be careful with the substitute - too much wrecks everything. As the alcohol evaporates, we just add maybe one ounce of alcohol and a tiny "shot" of the substitute, and you're off and running again. I didn't have to clean the chrome roller or rubber water roller all week. Oh - using Kerley Ink MaxiSet, softened with really runny Kerley soy based black (can't use too much of this either! You will get toning. Just enough to soften things and get good distribution). We print books, and with both high bulk paper and white offset we are getting great results.

Just in case anyone needed some help! Take care,

Bill Green
Costa Rica

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back