Toko/Multi 1218 feeding problems, HELP PLEASE

Robert carter

Does a Toko have a buckle control like ab dicks and Ryobi's? I just got this press a few weeks ago and need to get it up and running like yesterday. I'm having trouble running astrobrite 8.5x11 thru it, so I switched to a simple 11x17 60# job, and am still having trouble. I have been running these small presses for 30 years, but this toko has got me stumped. I see no way to adj. the sucker tube position or to adj. the feed wheel pressure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

Robert,
I can't say for sure about the 1218 but on the 4750 both Toko and ProPrint there was a buckle added by Swanneck. Look on the feed end and just to the left of the table height adjustment is a dial on the frame numbered I think from 1-12. I've been told by more than one Toko service man that the buckle isn't necessary on the Toko but Swanneck added them to satisfy the AB Dick operators. You may need to fine tune your suction and blow…I've found these to be much more important than buckle. Good Luck!

Robert,
I can't say for sure about the 1218 but on the 4750 both Toko and ProPrint there was a buckle added by Swanneck. Look on the feed end and just to the left of the table height adjustment is a dial on the frame numbered I think from 1-12. I've been told by more than one Toko service man that the buckle isn't necessary on the Toko but Swanneck added them to satisfy the AB Dick operators. You may need to fine tune your suction and blow…I've found these to be much more important than buckle. Good Luck!
I finally got it to run, the previous owner or operator had been messing with the timing. I downloaded the service manual and reset the feed timing gears and the toko runs fine. Thanks for your help. Also, do you know where I can buy parts for this beast?

I wonder if I could buy the buckle control somewhere, this toko would be more consistent with it. Other than that, I love the press, the water system is something to behold, it reminds me of those crestlines. The one handle operating everything takes a little getting use to.

Last edited:
I have a pair of 4750's with all the upgrades. They were completely rebuilt two years ago by a local dealer. They are super clean, the DC drive is smooth. I'd sell them pretty cheap if you were interested. both have anti tracking and t heads

I have a pair of 4750's with all the upgrades. They were completely rebuilt two years ago by a local dealer. They are super clean, the DC drive is smooth. I'd sell them pretty cheap if you were interested. both have anti tracking and t heads
How much and where are they.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back