Toners for Konica C3070 - Confused

gazfocus

To date we've always had our konica on a service contract but we need a yellow toner quicker than Konica can get one to us. The 'proper' part for the Konica C3070 is TN619Y (A3VX255). Had a look on ebay and there are a lot of TN619Y toners but with different codes such as A3VX256 (which says it's for the C3070L) and A3VX254 for the C2060L.

Will any of these work on the C3070 or are they keyed differently? I do have the bottle for the original one but don't fancy trying to fill it haha.

I believe the keying is common, however the winding is reversed on some variants. Our dealer mentioned this and checked our stock on a visit last month, as another C4080 customer received stock with the reversed windings.

We had a similar situation during the KM toner crisis with TN-015 for our Pro951. Our dealer secured a quantity of TN-014 and decanted it into empty TN-015 bottles, as the winding on TN-014 was reversed, although the contents the same.

I've never understood KM's logic here - in any business model, the less SKUs the better.

I believe the keying is common, however the winding is reversed on some variants. Our dealer mentioned this and checked our stock on a visit last month, as another C4080 customer received stock with the reversed windings.

We had a similar situation during the KM toner crisis with TN-015 for our Pro951. Our dealer secured a quantity of TN-014 and decanted it into empty TN-015 bottles, as the winding on TN-014 was reversed, although the contents the same.

I've never understood KM's logic here - in any business model, the less SKUs the better.
Thanks for that. Frustrating! The toners for the C3070L are much cheaper (presumably not as popular a model) whereas the only C3070 toners I can find are in a set of all 4, and only need the Yellow...maybe I should buy the set of 4, and sell the other 3 lol.

They aren't the same. The bottle shapes are different.

TN-620M / A3VX331 for the C3070L
TN-619M / A3VX330 for the C3070

They aren't the same. The bottle shapes are different.

TN-620M / A3VX331 for the C3070L
TN-619M / A3VX330 for the C3070
Interesting. The models for our toner are A3VX155/255/355/455 so different model numbers to what you’ve stated.

Thankfully I did manage to find a yellow toner in the end, for £90. Will probably buy a few up for future needs and just keep them separate to Konica provided toner.

TN-619 and TN-620 toners have different bottle keys, so a C3070/C3080 will only use TN-619 cartridge, and a C3070L will only use TN-620 cartridges. It is designed this way by Konica as the printers are designed to handle different print volumes which results in different toner pricing.

TN-619 and TN-620 toners have different bottle keys, so a C3070/C3080 will only use TN-619 cartridge, and a C3070L will only use TN-620 cartridges. It is designed this way by Konica as the printers are designed to handle different print volumes which results in different toner pricing.
The way they designed it allows the more expensive "L" toner to fit in the non L machines. They keys, and keyways, are in the same location on the bottles and machines. The difference is the thickness of the tabs. L series machines use thicker tabs on the machine that only allow the wider keyway 620 toners to fit. The non L models use narrower tabs on the machine that allow either bottle to work.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back