too much ICC profiles!

Dario

Hi there

while using Photoshop I noticed too many ICC profiles on the menu...
Schermata 2022-01-13 alle 09.12.27.jpg
...most of which I don't use nor need!
I checked the OxS /Library/ColorSync/ folder but they are not there!
I don't know how to delete the surplus!
Any help?

Open the ColorSync Utility app. It will tell you were all the profiles are located.

Thanks, it's fine, but still, I have a lot of RGB profiles listed and I don't know where they are stored

On your Mac's desktop, press Command-F and type ".icc". This should show you where every ICC profile is.

Best regards,
pd

Here are the locations to check...A word or caution is do not delete out of the /System/ folder even thought there are some there something may be relying on those profiles and it could have negative effects. It's actually probably a good idea to keep them somewhere instead of trashing them just incase something is dependent on them that you didn't realize.

Mac HD/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Mac HD/Users/<username>/Library/ColorSync/Profiles
Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color
Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Color Profiles

Also it looks like you have some from an Epson Printer...those can be really tricky they will not be found by a spotlight search or ColorSync Utility
Mac HD/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles But they are not there....you'll see a file or two with an extension .profiles right click on that and select "show package contents" after that you'll go to /Contents/Resources the final path will be something like Mac HD/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/EP1611ML3.profiles/Contents/Resources

In the ColorSync Utility you can look at the "other" locations to see if there are any other locations that it can find created by other applications.

Be aware, that some of the deleted profiles will be re-installed by Photoshop or some other Adobe software. There is a bunch of (now useless) profiles which can't be eliminated.

@Dario - why are having too many ICC profiles a problem ? You select the one you want and be done with it. Set it and forget it ( until someone asks for something else I suppose )

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back