Tools for Process controls for press

slehning

I am fairly new to Flexo Printing, been in Commercial Offset Printing for 25 + years.

I am familiar with some of the press side Process control tools available for press side regarding color management, i.e.; IntelliTrax Auto Scanning System from X-rite, for offset.
This works well as you grab out a sheet slap it down on the table and scan your sheet, it enters the data and gives you feed back on your numbers. Simple enough.

In the Flexo World, at our location on a Mark Andy Web press by where we print and die cut inline on the press and all the waste matrix gets carried away up in a shoot to where it hits the recycle bailer, it is a bit more difficult accessing the targets through the run. I am assuming most Flexo facilities operate in a similar manner.

So, heres the under lying question, what are others using perhaps on press to validate color control. Is there a scanning device that can be implemented on the press to read and record this data?
I would like to hear some feed Back as to what others are implementing to achieve this.

Thanks in Advance

We use AVT Print Vision, it scans the web while running and will either shut the press down or alert the operator of the error, whether its color shift or other defects. 100 % inspection

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back