Trading Card Game?

TCGunlimited

I know nothing of the printing business. I am trying to have some trading cards printed. I have everyone made on Adobe Photoshop and I don't know what type of paper or coating I need but I would need foiling be a possibility. I do have an example that I would like it to look/feel like. Does anyone have any clue where I can start looking on finding someone to print them? I would like them to look similar to this.

152.jpg

China? Nah seriously it depends on how many of each you want. I'd look in a shop and check out a packet of trading cards and look where they were printed. In sweden there is one supplier of playing cards, the thing is I guess you want them sorted n packaged as well ;)

Any full service printer can help you. What you're asking for is not unusual at all. Just tell them that you want the cards printed, foil stamped and coated (more than likely a spot aqueous) and they should be able to help you select all the appropriate paper, etc. and help you set up your files correctly.

What would my options be if I wanted to buy a printer myself? Would a small printer be able to do this and how much should I expect to spend?

First things first. Do you have your game trademarked or copyrighted to protect your rights as the creator of these cards?

Second, how many cards are you wanting to make? Are you wanting to do this on an offset printing press, a digital press or do you want to do them on a home/business inkjet printer? And there would be a lot more into this than just a press. You would need press supplies, paper, probably a ream cutter for separating the cards.

Well at first I would be making around 900 cards. And as for what type of press I would want to use. I am not really sure which one would be best.

If I recall correctly Magic the Gathering cards were printed in Belgium. Who did it though, I don't remember. I have a few friends that helped kick start this market. Maybe you need to be talking to them since they have a pretty good history in this market.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back