Transfer of coating problem.

viclpp

We are using a harris and bruno anilox coater. when i check my stripe 3mm to 4mm i get it very good on each end of the stripe but towards the middle it seems a little bit smaller. when i run some test sheet, i lose coating in the middle. when i adjust the stripe a little bit thicker, the outside of the sheet towards the gripper i get a bounce streak of the coating. and also the roller is pounding pretty heavy on the blanket. Can't seem to figure it out. This is running on cover stock sheets. We haven't tried it on text stock.

Thanks,
Victor

Install a new blanket with new packing and make sure you use a torque wrench to tighten to proper specs.
Consult your press manufacturer and blanket rep for the correct torque.

BUT, before you do this, put a packing gauge on the blanket. Check the sides, gripper, middle and tail.
Record the numbers. My guess is they will be different. When you install the new blanket and tighten it properly, record the height again to make sure the blanket is tightened evenly.

Good Luck.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back